The Cogne mine
Fondation Gran Paradis has its headquarters in the Miners’ Village of Cogne. This used to be the area’s reference-point to Cogne’s whole mining complex, where the miners’ dormitories, some of the offices and the canteen were located. Nowadays, as well as Fondation Gran Paradis headquarters, the Miners’ Village houses Gran Paradiso National Park Visitor Centre and Alpinart Exhibition Centre, dedicated to alpine culture.
The mine has marked the history of Cogne and its inhabitants for many centuries. The exhibition Cogne Mines – temporary exhibition to keep memory alive, set in Alpinart Exhibition Centre, is a first step to keep the mine’s history, and Cogne’s history, alive.
History and curiosities about the Cogne mines.
Antiquity and middle ages
Eighteenth and ninetheenth centuries
The twentieth century
1945 - 1979
In relation to the Cogne mine
Marco Elter's film Le Miniere (1938).
Outdoor phography exhibition Attraverso Cogne: Franz Elter, la guerra, la miniera
Opening of the exhibition La miniera di Cogne - esposizione temporanea per tenere vivo il ricordo.
Photo gallery: Opening of the exhibition La Miniera di Cogne - esposizione temporanea per tenere vivo il ricordo
Photo gallery of the Cogne mining complex Colloquies on the Cogne mines
Article: "Colloquies about the Cogne mine", Summer 2010
Educational activity: "Colloquies with the miners"